Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blogging Debut...ta, ta, da!!

Who would have know that the hardest part of setting up my new blog would be my URL!! Everything about my name seems to scream 'been there, done that' according to the URL generator. Blah. I thought of going by an alias, for many reason actually, but discarded that idea almost instantly. I want my readers to know MY name, not my alter ego. So alas I came up with melissaandrea-justlikethat. Not to toot my own horn, but I think it's pretty catchy.

I plan on using this blog to update, as of now myself only, about my current projects I'm writing. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated & I feel the need to give Amanda Hocking (an author I just recently fell in love with) a shout out, because I borrowed this genius idea from her. See what I did there :))

My current writing adventure is a simple romance, I think I'm going toward the YA genre, but I do plan to do adult books as well. At some point in time. I think for now though that I am going to stick with romance & urban fantasy, its kind of struck my fancy. I do like the supernatural storytelling, but I think I am going to stay away from vampires for now. If I ever did write about vampires I would want them to sparkle just like Edward Cullen, but I'm not sure how well that would sit with Stephenie Meyers. So for now I am going to stay far away from that category for as long as I possibly can.

I think for a first post this was as good as any, now its time for me to actually stop talking about writing & to actually write.

& just like that, my blog was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment